By visiting this site you agree to our terms and conditions, which may be updated periodically. If you do not agree to our terms and conditions, do not use this site.
As always, this information is for your general information only and not intended to be medical advice. Information on this site is not guaranteed to be free of error or intended to be a substitute for medical consultation, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult a qualified healthcare provider before making health and wellness decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. Dana expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site.
Unless we indicate otherwise, these terms apply to your use of the websites which are owned or operated by WiredRD, LLC and Dana McDonald, RD, LD and our affiliates (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”), including, without limitation, this website and any other website(s) that we may own or operate currently or in the future (collectively, our “Website”). For purposes of these terms, “affiliates” shall mean any entity or person, directly or indirectly, owning a controlling interest in, owned by, or under common ownership control including, without limitation, WiredRD, LLC and its subsidiaries.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. You should check this page periodically for changes. By visiting our Website, you agree to future changes made to these Legal Notices whether or not you have reviewed them. If you do not agree with our terms, you should not use our Website and, if applicable, should cancel your user account or subscription with us.
Our Website and services provided to you on and through our Website on an “AS IS” basis. You agree that the we exclusively reserve the right and may, at any time and without notice and any liability to you, modify or discontinue this Website and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. We shall have no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information.
Rules for Online Conduct
We are committed to maintaining an environment free of bullying, harassment, intimidation and shame and reserve the right to remove members, Postings, groups, as needed, without notice.
Although we reserve the right to remove, without notice, any Posting for any reason, we have no obligation to review Content prior to the Content’s posting or to delete Postings that you may find objectionable or offensive. We are not responsible for maintaining a copy of any material we remove from our Website, and we are not liable for any loss you incur in the event that Content you post or transmit to our website is been removed. All communications, including, but not limited to, chat, message board, blog, groups, and profile communications, are public and not private communications.
We reserve the right to monitor some, all, or no areas of this website (including any Community Area) for adherence to the community standards and conduct guidelines set forth above or for any other purpose. Although we have adopted community standards and conduct guidelines for the users of our website (as described below), you understand that by using this website, you may be exposed to Postings that are offensive or objectionable.
Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Postings (other than for Content developed by us), including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Postings, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Postings posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted to or through this Website.
Visitors agree to use the web site only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or obscene material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law on our Websites. This applies to any posting that could be termed as “cyber bullying” and sexual harassment and or discrimination.
You acknowledge that all contents and comments posted, emailed, shared, uploaded, or otherwise transmitted on our Websites, whether posted at our request or voluntarily, and whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, the “Postings”), are the sole responsibility of the person who made such Postings. This means that you are entirely responsible for all Postings that you post, email or otherwise transmit to this Website.
We do not control the Postings posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted on our Website by others and, as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Postings. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to distribute Postings in the Community Areas, we are acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and we are not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any Postings or activities in any Community Area, nor do we endorse any such Postings.
You agree not to:
- a. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (in our sole discretion);
- b. Harm minors in any way, or solicit or otherwise attempt to gain any information from a minor;
- c. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to any user of this Website, a director, officer, employee, shareholder, agent or representative of Dana McDonald, RD, LD and our affiliates or any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with us or our affiliates or any other person or entity;
- d. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Postings or other materials transmitted to or through this website;
- e. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that are not your own, or that you do not have a right to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- f. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that infringe upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary rights of any party;
- g. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of commercial solicitation, except in those areas, if any, that are specifically designated for such purpose;
- h. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Postings or other materials that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- i. Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of a Community Area (or other portion of this website) are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects or otherwise diminishes the quality of another user’s experience of this website;
- j. Interfere with or disrupt this website or servers or networks connected to this website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the website;
- k. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or law, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law;
- l. “Stalk” or otherwise harass another user or member of this website; or
- m. Solicit, collect or post personal data or attempt to solicit, collect or post personal data about other users of the website, including user names or passwords; or Access or attempt to access another user’s account without his or her consent.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, terminate the rights of any user to use our website (or any part thereof) who infringes the intellectual property rights of others. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law.
You acknowledge that this Website contains information, software, photos, video, text, graphics, music, sounds, questions, creative suggestions, messages, comments, feedback, ideas, recipes, notes, drawings, articles and other materials (collectively, “Content”) that are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereafter developed.
CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
Except where otherwise noted, content on this Website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).
All trademarks appearing on this Website are trademarks of their respective owners. Our commercial partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, contractors and other third parties may also have additional proprietary rights in which they make available on this Website. You may not modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of someone doing so, please contact us and include the following information:
- a) a physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on this website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on our website;
- d) your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address;
- e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- f) a statement by you that the information in your notification is accurate, and that you attest under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice.
Third Party Links
Third Party Products and Services
You may order services, merchandise or other products through our Website from other parties (collectively, the “Third Party Sellers”). All matters concerning the services, merchandise and other products desired from the Third Party Sellers, including, but not limited to, purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance and delivery, are solely between you and the Third Party Sellers.
We make no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to any services, merchandise and other products provided by the Third Party Sellers. You will not consider us (and we will not be construed as) a party to such transactions, whether or not we may have received some form of revenue or other remuneration in connection with such transactions, and we will not be liable for any costs or damages arising out of, either directly or indirectly, you or any other person involved or related to the transactions.
Disclaimers of Warranties
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES:
THE PRODUCTS, OFFERINGS, CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
NEITHER DANA MCDONALD, RD, LD, WIREDRD, LLC, NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ANY FUNCTION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THIS WEBSITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
ANY PRODUCT, OFFERING, CONTENT AND MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH PRODUCT, OFFERING, CONTENT OR MATERIAL.
NEITHER DANA MCDONALD, RD, LD, WIREDRD, LLC, OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS, OFFERINGS, CONTENT AND MATERIALS IN THIS WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
FURTHER, PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM DANA MCDONALD, RD, LD, OR WIREDRD, LLC, OUR PERSONNEL OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE AND OUR AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM,
(A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE;
(B) THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE,
(C) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THIS WEBSITE;
(D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
(E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OUR WEBSITE; OR
(F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO OUR WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF OUR WEBSITE, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS THE DISCONTINUATION OF YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and, at our option, defend Dana McDonald, RD, LD and WiredRD, LLC and our affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, employees, stockholders, agents and representatives from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys fees and expenses) arising from your improper use of this website or our products or offerings, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or your infringement, or the infringement or use by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
Governing Law and Choice of Forum
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to your use of this Website or these Terms and Conditions shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Harris County in the State of Texas and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
In any action against us arising from the use of this website, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all legal expenses incurred in connection with the action, including but not limited to its costs, both taxable and non-taxable, and reasonable attorney’s fees. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms and Conditions, together with the subscription agreement (if applicable), are the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein.
These Terms and Conditions may be modified only by our posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions on this Website, or by written agreement of both parties. Each time you access this Website, you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns and licensees. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or to exercise any right under the Terms and Conditions, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect.
Privacy and Security
We are committed to protecting user privacy and security.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Any personal information you chose to provide is protected by security practices.
- Non-personal information related to your visit to our website may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
- We do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors unless required for law enforcement or by Federal law.
- We can not guarantee our Website will be uninterrupted, error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our website, server, or third-party websites are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- To learn more about internet safety, please visit OnGuardOnline.Gov and/or the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
We do not collect personal information (e.g., name, address or telephone number) unless you voluntarily provide it to us by sending email, participating in a survey, or completing an online form. We do not share your personal information with third parties or government agencies unless required by law.
What about cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website stores in your web browser’s cache. They are not programs, and cannot harm your computer. Cookies generally contain information that is associated with your web browser, information such as website preferences, login information, or a user ID. Most modern web browsers contain extensive controls that give you the ability, among other things, to block or limit cookies.
This site is protected by an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate and HTTPS. This means data transmission is encrypted (or communication is transmitted securely).
Data sent using HTTPS provides three key layers of protection:
- Encryption—encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from eavesdroppers. That means that while the user is browsing a website, nobody can “listen” to their conversations, track their activities across multiple pages, or steal their information.
- Data integrity—data cannot be modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
- Authentication—proves that your users communicate with the intended website. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks and builds user trust, which translates into other business benefits.
Third Party Links
We do not endorse any specific product, supplement, test, treatment, or other regimen mentioned on the site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party links.
Privacy and Security Tips
Protect sensitive information. Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information. This includes following links sent in email. Don’t send sensitive information over the internet before checking a website’s security.
Encrypt files on your computer, laptop or portable device. Encryption is a way to enhance the security of a file or folder by scrambling the contents so that it can be read only by someone who has the appropriate encryption key to unscramble it.
The National Cyber Security Alliance offers resources to help you know the basics of securing your home network and your family’s privacy.
Last modified May 18th 2017